Anyway, thus begins the list to update the blog world on where I've been...
- The weekend after Ivan's birthday was my Grandma's 80th. We threw her a surprise dinner at the Hungarian Club, and I got to see step-cousins I haven't seen for, um, about 15 years I think. It was a nice night and Grandma was so happy.
- The morning of her 80th, I went to the GP for my regular smear test. Got a scare that lasted 3 weeks when an irregularity was found, and they conducted test after test. Thankfully that has passed now but it was very freaky.
- The following Monday I reluctantly made my way into work, only to discover our floor had been flooded due to some plumbing incident, and we were all without desks, an office, computers, phones, etc. Decided to take 2 days off that week as we couldn't do much anyway, being off the floor the entire week.
- Mother's Day came and went, with our family going up to Zorro's in Hahndorf. Pork on the spit, absolutely delicious! Highly recommend this place to those that enjoy their meat.
- The following week I'd already booked Annual Leave which was impeccable timing since everyone else had to move their furniture back into our floor (it was all removed so the carpets could be dried instead of being replaced, tightarses). I spent the week doing very little except relaxing and catching up on household stuff that had been piling up, and seeing Tash who I hadn't seen for months.
- Ivan and I paid a visit to the bank to see where we stood in terms of the house savings. We have a ways to go, and needed to reassess our location of choice. Hopefully another year, 18 months...
- X-Men 3 was finally released, yay! But the film didn't live up to my expectations, although it wasn't too bad, just not as good as number 2.
- I've been put on a project at work, and it has been insanely busy (today is the first day I've had time to sit here for this long). End of financial year approaching makes this place a madhouse.
- Steve had his birthday too (May/June are busy birthday months!) so to celebrate we went to Ming's Palace on Gouger Street. Delicious Chinese food, highly recommended.
- Mum took me clothes shopping as an early birthday present. This is not highly significant, but since I rarely spend a day clothes shopping, I thought it worthy :)
- Eric had Ivan, Alex and I over for dinner one night. Damn that man's a good cook! We watched a couple of movies after dinner and it was a nice night with the lads.
- Ivan and I went to a Quiz night with Alex and his workmates. Our table was coming third but then struck out badly in the end, losing it all on one question. Was good fun though, I hadn't been to a Quiz night for years.
- And finally, on the weekend just passed, we went to Mum and Dad's to have my birthday lunch, as Mum's work schedule next weekend is not as flexible. Despite having food poisoning Natasha came along, bless her, and despite an ordinary start to the event the day turned out great :)
Phew! Okay, I really must take out 10 minutes every so often and update this place more (she says for the 100th time).