Search This Blog

Sunday, September 24, 2006

McLaren Vale trip

Today I went on a little tour of McLaren Vale with people from the Hungarian church, Mum, Grandma, Maria and Steve. So here's a little rundown of the only thing I've done this weekend aside from gaming and watching television.

Well i awoke at 7:30am to find it pissing down with rain outside. After having some breakfast and keeping warm, i decided to call Mum to see if the trip was going ahead despite the inclement weather. Alas, it was, so i showered and prepared myself for the day.

Naturally, Hungarians are always late, and so we sat in the bus waiting for one couple and left about 15 minutes later than planned. I also discovered around this time that I was not dressed warm enough at all. The bus ride was uneventful, just was chatting to my sis and trying to resist the urge to hit one particular lady across the back of the head for the silly things she was saying.

We stopped at McLaren On The Lake where the priest was going to say a few words but at the end of one paragraph (or the amount I imagined to be a paragraph) the heavens opened up and God saw fit to rain down upon us (possibly as punishment to the idiotic lady in the bus). As fast as old people can move, we hurried to the bus again.

We then went to a winery called Parri Estate where I sampled some fine reds (and purchased one). This was also the place we were to have lunch, so after standing around for half an hour waiting for them to get the dining room ready, we sat down for a meal. Approximately an hour after we'd ordered, our meals were finally served. Delicious, but perhaps not worth the excessive wait. Maybe they thought some of the oldies might die or something *shrugs*... but we had booked the place so one would think they'd have been better prepared.

The rain had stopped but the blustering cold winds continued as we "raced" back to the buses an hour later than planned. From there we went to another winery called Wirra Wirra which was nice but by this stage my heart was not in it and I resisted trying any more wines since I didn't want to spend any more money. However, the winery had this old Trebuchet which they were firing up, launching watermelons into the sky due to some new product launch, so that was a bit of fun.

We then went to this place called the Tin Shed Cafe and had a nice hot coffee, then made our way home.

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)