Search This Blog

Monday, May 14, 2007

Wow, just wow ...

I just took yet another walk down to my local Aust post branch to look in on a package Mel and her Duckman sent me over four weeks ago now through normal post and FINALY it was there waiting for me.
Strangely enough though it would seem it was there all along...

Yes it had been sitting there since the 19th of april apparently but despite going down there twice, citing my name, the names of the senders and where it was from somehow it was over looked both times.

The first notice I recieved in the mail sending me down for the third time today to finally get it apparently was the third written up before it was in only a few days to be returned to the senders.
I know it all seems incredible but it is all true *shakes head in bafflement*.

The lady today was very helpful and apologetic though and it was the first time she had served me so I think in future I know who I will be waiting in line for to serve me since the other two ladies there must be blind or incompetant or both :-/.

It has been some time since I updated last and now i have that particular rant off my chest I shall explain why.

Final Fantasy 12

To those who are fans of the series or fairly serious gamers that short line alone will probably have you nodding your heads in understanding but for the uneducated I shall explain a little.

So far I have sunk aproximately eighty five hours into this game and still havn't been everywhere, talked to everyone worth talking to or seen and fought all the extra sidequesty things there are yet to do in this spawling sandbox fantasy soap opera of sorts.

These games although decidedly foreign in design (the final fantasy series) being produced in japan have an amazing depth of play that only few western role playing computer games can hope to rival. (A few off the top of my head would be the Fallout series, Planescape Torment and the Baldurs Gate series).

If you have ever been umming and arring about getting into these console master pieces (as opposed to the PC master pieces I also listed) 12 is possibly not the game I would suggest as entry level as it is quite complex and doesn't have the best storyline out of the series I have played, I suggest starting with 10 for a story you will develop a connection with the characters in.

Despite this though its the gameplay in 12 that takes the cake, free flowing, non random battles with customisable party AI to allow you to tweak every fine deatil of how your party members react to many different types of enemies right from start to finish of the battle is what makes this game amazing.

I am still working my way through to the tougher rare and hidden away monsters at this time and loving every second of it as the challenge rating gets sooo much harder.
It's been well worth the time I have put into it so far though I do look forward to talking to estranged friends once more when its claws finally pry loose from my flesh *waves to people who thought he had died*, sorry for being so distant lately, I love you all :D.

1 comment:

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)