Search This Blog

Monday, June 21, 2004

Birthday Weekend 1.0


With me going to Townsville this coming weekend, the weekend just past was a chance for me to see my family and close friends for my birthday. As usual I arrived in Adelaide on Friday night and it was a pretty quiet one, just catching up on TV shows Ivan had taped during the week for me and then playing some Battlefield online until the wee hours of the morning (despite feeling tired by 11pm).

It's like with me turning 25 I've wanted to reinvent myself in a way. I've been looking through old photos and have found that I look pretty much the same as I did when I was in high school, so it's been high time for a change. So a few weeks ago, getting my ears re-pierced was a start, and then on Saturday my hairdresser came over to give me a brand new style. It's funny, I've gone through stages of different colours like blonde to different lengths, but in the end I've still ended up the same. The style she gave me is not altogether different, just a few layers, but she has given me a fringe for the first time since I was... I don't even know, maybe 10 years old? I remember by Year 7 I didn't have a fringe but I don't know when I grew it out.

After she left Ivan and I went to do a bit of shopping and then his mum popped around briefly. That night we had dinner at the Liberty Diner with my parents, sister, grandma, Michelle and Craig, and Tash. I had such a good night, it was so good to see all the people I'm closest with in one room and I had heaps of fun. I am still the master of the chocolate mousse, sorry Craig :P Plus I got some really lovely, personal presents, things I'll treasure for life, which was beautiful. We left there just after 7pm, and Tash came back to our place for a coffee and a bit of a chat and I think it was about 10pm by the time she'd left. The rest of the night Ivan and I lay on the lounge watching this animated movie called Osmosis Jones and then this special on Stanley Kubrick that had been recorded for me during the week. I can't believe I still haven't bought that box set of his movies after all these years, geez I'm slack!

Sunday was pretty much nothing except driving back to Berri, unpacking and vegging out. My intray at work has hardly anything left in it so I should get everything done before my Annual Leave starts on Wednesday afternoon (and it gives me time to update my blog). There is lots to do tonight though.

Tomorrow is my actual birthday, and it's worked out pretty well because Tash has training in Renmark, so after work she'll be coming over to my place and staying the night. I'm looking forward to it :) But yeah, it makes tonight a bit busier, since I'll need to get most of my packing done, as well as a bit of work I'll have to take home with me since the office doesn't have the software I need to do it. Lots of things to look forward to this week though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)