Search This Blog

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Definitely time to hibernate

I agree with Shane's comments in my last post - all this lack of energy and motivation is probably a result of needing to hibernate. Poor Ivan has not been well the last few days, spending most of his days in bed, so methinks his body is a little worn out. I'd previously booked tomorrow off work and all this week I've been counting down the days, anxious for a bit of a sleep in and a day without having to go out into the cold or rain. Although, I must admit, the fog in the city was absolutely gorgeous this morning, I'm glad I witnessed that.

This post is just to kill some time really - work has been flatout but now there is some calm before another storm. Our database is offline for some financial processes until some time this afternoon, after which time I'll attempt to get through this backlog of work that's been piling up on my desk. The files are now in 3 piles, and I don't want it to grow any more.

Last night we watched Madagascar and I really enjoyed it. It's a bit more childish than something like Shrek but some parts really made me laugh. I loved the penguins, funny little things.

Dad's birthday is coming up and I have no idea what to get him. Mum and I are going shopping on Saturday for it, so I hope she has some ideas. It's hard to know what to get my dad, he has pretty much every power tool, plenty of shirts and socks (the old traditional gift) and never ever tells us what he actually would like. So hopefully Mum's sussed something out.

In other news, I am still loving Battlefield 2, despite the annoying things that can happen in a server. I just wish I had more time to play. I don't understand how people can hold down a job, a relationship, and look after a home while still getting enough sleep, and still find time to play it every night. I do have a TV addiction I suppose. But I find that on nights when there's nothing on the TV, like last night, I get carried away with playing the game and the thought of "I'll just play for like an hour" is quickly thrown aside and I end up playing for several. Oops.

Anywho, I suppose I'd better go and find something else to do to look busy. I wish there was some way I could incorporate reading Harry Potter into my workday without it looking suspicious...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)