Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Insanity

For the last 2 and a half months we've had an Acting Manager, someone who came from outside this office. In that time I have tried to be patient and calm but my goodness, this week he seems to be more annoying than ever. He's one of those "but that's not how we do it in the other office" people. Well buddy, you don't exactly do things right in that there place! I have no problem with people asking questions but this guy's problem (well, one of them anyway) is that he doesn't believe your answer. So he'll ask the person in the next cubicle. Then he'll ask his Manager. Then he'll ask his Manager's Manager. Each person confirming what you bloody told him to start with. And must he question every damn thing we ask him to sign? MUST he? Apparently the answer is yes. Or possibly no, but he will anyway.

The only way to somehow get through these days without banging one's head against a desk is to email your colleagues and vent your frustration like so... "Argh he drives me insane!!! We're not asking you to assess the bloody thing, just DO IT!!!" You get the idea. God bless my colleagues, for we are all going through this madness together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)