Search This Blog

Monday, February 13, 2006

Pleasing

Mum and Dad's houseguests left on Sunday which has made them very happy indeed, as from what I heard they were not the most pleasant people to live with for a couple of weeks. On Saturday we had their farewell lunch at Mum and Dad's which went later than I'd hoped, but on the plus side I got to see my family and so there was at least one positive to the day. We did very little for the rest of the weekend except play Neverwinter Nights, and I've enjoyed having a few quiet weekends.

Anyway, so the house guests. Mum and Dad told me many stories about their behaviour but I guess a couple of incidents stand out. The first is the fact that, even though you're a guest at someone's house, surely you could at least wash your own clothes, no? On another occasion, after dinner Dad made everyone little sandwiches as an after dinner snack. The lady promptly put the plate in front of her and ate all four sandwiches. Who does stuff like that? I dunno, maybe I was just brought up differently but I thought people could be polite no matter how they were brought up. I've travelled and stayed with other people on several occasions and it seems only nice to put your dishes in the sink, offer to help with housework, take care of your own laundry, surely? Ah well, now their lives can return to normal. They sounded very happy on the phone after dropping them off at the airport and I think they won't be accepting houseguests again any time soon.

Today at work has so far been bad. Just found out that annoying Manager is staying for 2 more months. This makes me a sad panda.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)