Search This Blog

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Got ID?

A couple of weekends ago I left work early on the Friday to drive up to Berri for the Riverland Wine & Food Festival (hereafter called the Festivus). The website promised frivolity and thus my expectations were high.

Bronwyn was kind enough to let me stay over her place over the weekend along with another Mel that she knows from the Barossa. We both arrived on the Friday night and Bronwyn, bless her, had cooked us a delicious dinner and we had a relatively early night, chatting and watching The Princess Bride which until then I had never seen before despite it purporting to be a classic.

On the Saturday Bron took us for a drive to Renmark in her new car, although it was a not-so-secret plot to get her car washed but we weren't up early enough to do anything constructive before the Festivus anyway.

Around lunchtime we met up with a couple of Bron's Berri friends and walked down to the riverbank for the Festivus of frivolity. I must say I wasn't disappointed in the slightest, it was a fantastic day! The weather was gorgeous, the atmosphere good, the music not-too-shabby, and the wine and food were very good indeed. The wine was so good, in fact, we kept going back for more.

Before dinner time had hit I think we were all... well... tanked. They dtopped serving the wine at 6pm, which was probably just as well, because none of us needed anymore. One of Bron's mates who is notorious for falling over took a tumble and smacked her head on the wooden table, blacking out for a short time. It was as sobering a moment as was possible but she was fine in the end and got home safely.

The rest of us went to the pub for a quick drink before walking back to Bron's place for an intermission. After getting changed and drinking lots of water in an attempt to sober somewhat, we made our way to another mate's place for some home-cooked pizzas before walking down to The Vines, the faux-nightclub the pub becomes after a certain time. I wasn't too keen on going as I'm over the nightclub scene but decided to go along after all.

My attitude re: not wanting to be there must have been evident somewhat as the git bouncer carded me for ID. I'm freaking 27!! Other people I've told this to said I must have been flattered but I definitely wasn't, I was more annoyed at the idiot for carding people that look nothing like they did when they were 10 years younger. Well, in my drunken state of preparing for the night, taking my ID with me did not even enter my mind, so I may have been partially at fault. But only very partially! Anyway, I decided to just go home and get to sleep, so Bron and Mel stayed on while I took the nanna way out.

On Sunday I woke up at some ungodly hour (it was about 6:15am) and pottered around waiting for the others to wake up. After they did I left quite early, visited Mum and Dad on the way home and came home feeling very tired and seedy. Was a great weekend though.

Right, so there's an update finally! After receiving a few subtle hints, now you can all shut the hell up about it :D

1 comment:

  1. omg, you got plasterd!, and omg, you got carded and refused! and haha to the person who flakes out and falls over

    Sounds like you had a great time!

    oh, and thanks, finally, for the update

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)