Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Ask, don't tell

On Wednesday night Ivan and I went to the Pearl Jam concert at the Entertainment Centre. They did two shows in Adelaide and we weren't originally going to go but when I heard there were still seats available for the second show I thought it'd make a nice Christmas treat.

They definitely didn't disappoint. They did a fantastic set, doing half a dozen tracks off their latest album but mostly doing a stack of old favourites. The same as when they were here in 2003, the band seemed to be in a great mood and so performed heaps well for the crowd, with Mike being his usual show-pony self and giving the crowd something to enjoy along with Eddie's vocals. Next time they come to Adelaide we'll have to try and get seats closer to Mike.

The only downside to the night was the section we were sitting in sucked. Not view wise, we could see fine, but this one guy in particular was a real downer. I've been to plenty of seated shows before and you either stand with everyone else or you let them stand for a song or two and generally people sit down on their own (as happened the last time we saw Pearl Jam). The guy in front of me stood up for one song, and I followed suit, but the guy behind me, before the song was even over, tapped me on the shoulder and told me to tell the guy in front of me to sit down. Not asked, but told. This guy wasn't taking no for an answer. A few choice words were exchanged between the two guys, and then the rest of the concert was spent bopping in our seats. I simmered a little but wasn't willing to let the guy ruin my night, so I had a good time anyway, but concert etiquette appears to be a thing of the past. What was more annoying was looking around the Centre and seeing practically every other damn section standing. Perhaps it pissed me off more because he was so rude about it, demanding we do as he said.

After the second encore a few people in front of us left so for the last couple of songs we were able to climb over the seats and stand in this area that was clear at the front.

All in all, a fantastic show though, I highly recommend for others to go and see them when they get the chance. Here's a very bad photo taken with my camera phone in which you can't see a thing. I assure you our seats were not as bad as this photo makes them look!

EDIT: Having trouble uploading photo, will do my best to get it going from home tonight.

EDIT 2: Success!

5 comments:

  1. Pearl Jam were the American music industries answer to Nirvana,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Without hearing your tone I can't tell how you mean that, but I'm not going to bite ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nothing sinister, just some history. I am sure it was an excellent show even with some assholes seated around you.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What can you tell aboute Perl Jam when you live in Europe and drawn in chemical and petrol waste !!!!!

    Hello Sister or Aunty !!!!!

    As I was surfing I bompt on your blog adress gladly !!!!!

    How are you ??
    How are things home !???
    How are my goodparents (Your mom and dad) ??!!
    How is your sister ??!!!
    How is your Grenma' !!!???

    I now its a bit to much How but I'm intrested becouse I'was'n oraounde !!!

    Bay for now !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I't was Attila , I forgat too sign !!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)