Search This Blog

Monday, April 02, 2007

Oops, I'm late too

Sorry for being a day late in posting this, but truth be told I just couldn't be bothered yesterday!

What happened to Mel this week?
Hmm, nothing overly exciting this week I'm afraid. I worked from Monday to Friday, had TAFE, studied my Japanese lessons two nights of the week... same old stuff really. I started a new subject at TAFE that deals with ethics in the public sector. The lecturer gave us a non-confessional general ethics quiz at the start of the class and based on my answers, I don't think I'm a very ethical person at all!

The weekend was also pretty quiet, but nicely so. As you saw from my photo, I got my hair done on Friday after work and I love it! I was somewhat nervous when she started cutting off my hair as there was so much on the floor, but in the end I am very happy with the result.

On Saturday, Katherine, our Japanese tutor, took Ivan and I to the Himeji Gardens on South Terrace which I didn't even know we had (see a couple of photos at the bottom of this post). They were really beautiful and we had such nice weather, it was a nice afternoon. We followed that up with a visit to the Central Markets for lunch and to look at some Asian grocery stores and pick up some Japanese food to try. That was about it for the weekend, with Sunday being spent doing the usual kind of housework and lounging around.

Amusing/Obscure Conversations
The hairdresser I went to on Friday, bless her, was a lovely lady and did a fantastic job, but trying to speak to her when the place was still busy and there were many hairdriers going was an exercise in patience. For example, I can't remember exactly what I asked, but by her response it was clear she hadn't heard a word I'd said, as her answer "Yeah, forever and a day" didn't match at all the question I'd asked. I wonder if the conversation she thought we were having was more interesting?

Colourful Moods
Um, nothing of note really. Mostly I'm excited about the holiday, panicked about how I'm going to save the money, pleased with work but frustrated at some fellow employees. It's been a standard week in that regard really.

Hobbies and Interests Pursued
We are getting close to booking our overseas trip, hopefully to be finalised next weekend. We spent a night or two going through a rough itinerary, only to discover that most of the Canadian tours we wanted to go on will be closed for winter, so we're not going to Canada after all. Instead, we are thinking of extending our New York stay and spending some time in France skiing. Me on skis... a funny thought indeed. I also discovered I am not saving anywhere near enough money so am now on an extremely tight budget to try and at least get closer. We shall see.

Look before you leap
I couldn't help but burst someone's bubble at work last Monday when they came into a meeting overjoyed at the fact they'd found a file we'd been looking for for months. Unfortunately, we'd located that file the week before and put it on the shelf, and had even reported this fact in the Minutes, so bursting that person's bubble was quite enjoyable I must say. The moral of the story - deep down, I'm an evil bitch.

And now, as promised, some photos from the gardens.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)