Search This Blog

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Across the Great Divide

Well about the only really interesting thing that has happened to me of late is that my housemate and I went to the Across the Great Divide concert a couple of weeks ago to see silverchair and Powderfinger perform. And what else can I say but that it was FANTASTIC!! I'm so glad we decided to go and managed to get tickets to the second show!

A workmate of his and his wife were kind enough to drive us there on the Thursday night and in true concert tradition we went to The Gov beforehand for a quick bite to eat and a couple of rounds of drinks. The housemate and I had General Admission tickets and we managed to get around 20 metres back from the stage to see silverchair. I have only seen silverchair live once before at WaveAid and to be honest at that time I didn't think it was a great gig, but this time they went above and beyond my expectations. Daniel was fantastic with the crowd and they performed so well, I was really impressed.

A bunch of people in front of us then left the area to get drinks or whatever after their set so we managed to get further ahead for the Powderfinger set and I'm not sure how far from the stage we were then - somewhere between 5 and 10 metres I think, with a perfect view.

They also didn't disappoint with a fantastic set and the band seemed to have a great time too. The crowd was also great with no pushing or nastiness, with everyone just enjoying the show and letting everyone else enjoy it too. At the end the two bands came on stage together and performed "Substitute", a cover of the song by The Who and it was a great end to a great night.

The concert finished at around 11:15pm and we got a cab easily and headed home, stopping off to buy more drinks on the way, because ofcourse after such a great gig you can't just go home and go straight to bed. We put on some CDs and stayed up until around 2am, which made work the next day a little difficult but was a great wind-down for a great night.

Did I mention it was great? I can't stress this enough!

Aside from that one night the rest of the last few weeks has just been the usual stuff - working, studying, seeing family, not much else. Will hopefully have more to write about again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)