Search This Blog

Friday, May 02, 2008

Friday a.k.a. my lazy day

I am trying to do as little work as possible today so figured I might as well write some crap on my Blog to kill some time.

The reasons are:
1) Very little and restless sleep last night means I have no energy to be here let alone think.
2) It's Friday (nuff said).
3) My boss is giving me the shits.
4) I'm sick of working here.
5) I basically just can't be bothered.

I really am tired of this place, and I've started looking for a new job and have applied for 1 thing so far, but finding something I'm qualified to do that earns me at least $55k a year isn't easy. I wish I'd done something different with my education sometimes. Oh well, in the meantime I have to learn to do what Dad always tells me I should do - come to work, do my job, go home and get work out of my head. Sometimes work is all I can think about when I lay down to sleep or it's the first thing that pops into my head when I wake up. It's crazy. Actually I no doubt would go crazy if Xy wasn't there for me to whinge to about it all.

I applied for a Senior Project Officer role for 3 months and got the job, but it's not at all like I thought it was going to be and I'm a bit disappointed which sounds ungrateful considering the extra pay (not that I've started receiving the extra pay yet). On top of that all of the Coordinators (that's my regular role) are also working on projects and are also getting the same pay rate as I am so I'm not sure why I took the time to write an application for something I was apparently going to be doing anyway. Anyway enough about that.

So, what else can I write to kill some time...

I seem to be finding lots of people I went to school with on Facebook lately, and each of them I swear looks just like they did in High School, it's quite funny. I can't believe how many of them are married and/or have children though, I wonder if I'll be the last remaining unmarried person from my old high school friends? Really cool to read what everyone's been up to though.

To go with the nostalgic feel I've been cleaning out old things at Mum and Dad's place for the last few weeks and found heaps of old letters, cards, diaries and yearbooks. Some of it was funny and pathetic (I had crushes on boys I never even spoke to) and some of it was quite sad (a certain boy making my high school years hell by being an arsehole), I just can't believe all the crap I kept unnecessarily. No wonder Mum and Dad's place needs a cleanup!

Well I'd better go and try to find something else to occupy my time on this day that seems to be dragging on. Only 3 hours to go until I get out of here and to the gym though, yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)