Search This Blog

Friday, May 16, 2008

Pew pew!

The last week has been great, due largely in part to the awesome weekend I had last weekend.

On Friday night Xy and I went with my work social club to Marksman's Indoor Range for some pistol shooting and it was incredible! We had a package where we got to fire 24 rounds with a .357 revolver and 30 rounds with a Glock 9mm. What can I saw but "WOW!". What an incredible experience! I have to admit my nerves were high even though it was something I've always wanted to do, so I waited for a little while before I gave it a "shot" (ha ha). Eventually the nervousness passed so I started with the .357 and it was incredible. Even with our ear protection on the noise was intense and my heart immediately started racing and didn't stop for the whole 24 rounds. When other people in the range fired I couldn't help but jump a little, the adrenalin was running rampant. Anyway, my first shot went right through the bullseye! I managed to do pretty well with the .357, not great but not too shabby. I then moved onto the 9mm which I didn't enjoy quite as much and which I did far worse at, firing too low for some reason. Maybe because by this point my heart wouldn't slow down, not sure. Anyway, Friday night was awesome! The rest of my week pales in comparison.

On Saturday my auntie took us all out for lunch to the Para Hills Community Centre which was pretty decent actually, so it was a day with the family because Maria and Steve weren't gonna be around on Mother's Day. The place was pretty good, there was an area for kids to play to Susanna got to have a bit of fun with some other little kids. Yes I know I'm biased, but she's so beautiful. If anyone ever hurt her I don't know what I'd do, I want the best for that little girl. I wonder if all Aunt's feel this way.

Anyway Sunday was Mother's Day but I had a major assignment to do which was due on Tuesday so I spent most of the day working on that. We did go to Mum and Dad's for a couple of hours but didn't stay too long as I really wanted to get it done (which I did).

Since then the rest of the week has ofcourse been "blegh" due to work, and we haven't been up to too much otherwise. I've just been gaming a bit and Xy and I have been watching episodes of Dexter which we finished last night and oh my goodness, it is such a good show! Very well written even if I did seem to guess the plot on occasion. Looking forward to the next season!

Work still sucks but admittedly I haven't found much worth applying for, but I'm still looking. I'm still not being paid my higher duties which has pissed me off no end, but what can I do? It's hard to find something else I'm qualified for with decent pay... Better get back to it *sighs*.

1 comment:

  1. hey mel, hope you're doing well :) i removed myself from myspace if you were wondering. (and started up a blog here.)
    happy (very) belated birthday btw. :p

    Em / Celty

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)