Search This Blog

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Jetsetting


This will be my last entry until after the weekend, which I probably didn't need to announce because I've been slack with the blog lately anyway and if I don't post for a few days it doesn't seem unusual anymore but anyway...

Yesterday was Australia Day (for those readers from overseas who mightn't have known, or any from Australia who were also unaware) which means a public holiday and therefore much rejoicing from me. I was supposed to have a BBQ with Bron and some of her hockey friends and listen to the JJJ Hottest 100 but instead, she was halfway to Adelaide for work (how rude) and it was about 40 degrees so bad bbq weather anyway. Because it was so stinking hot I did absolutely nothing. I woke up at 6am for who knows what reason and then my mind started racing and I just couldn't get back to sleep. So I got up, played some CS:Source online, washed my car before it got too hot, watched the cricket, listened to the Hottest 100, read some Harry Potter and occasionally ate something. What an exciting day!!!

So this week is a little out of whack because of a public holiday smack bang in the middle of it but I'm not complaining. Infact, I'm rejoicing because tomorrow Bron and I fly to Sydney for our Wave Aid Weekend! Can't wait! So I'm finishing work at around 4:30pm today, going home and doing the last dregs of packing, then I'm off to Adelaide for the night so I can get the flight out tomorrow.

So, packing... What a dilemma! The main problem lies with around a 10 degree difference in temperature between Adelaide and Sydney tomorrow. The reason this is a problem is because when Bron and I get to Sydney, we're going straight to her brother's girlfriend's workplace to drop off our bags and then hitting the city to do some sightseeing. This means there'll be no opportunity to get changed or even to wear a different pair of shoes, we've gotta dress for comfort really. Then on Saturday the concert runs until 10:30pm so we'll need something warm for the evening, and again, comfort is important. I'm also having difficulty finding a shirt to wear to the concert because my arms are just too damn fat for a tank top and I don't have any decent t-shirts to wear. Sucks being a girl... well, a lot of the time, especially when it comes to picking what to pack!! If only I wasn't so overweight... And again things lead back to my weight which I hate. I've lost 2.5Kgs over the last 3 weeks but it's not nearly enough, I wish it would come off quicker, but I'm gonna keep persisting.

ANYWAY, sorta took a crappy tangent there but generally I am ECSTATIC to be heading off tomorrow and can't wait :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)