Search This Blog

Sunday, July 20, 2003

/Me wants reptiles!


And no, I don't mean a trouser snake.

On Friday night I went out with my friend Misch to a property near Strathalbyn, where we met up with a few other people and walked around in the dark listening for frogs. We waded in the creek, caught a couple just to see what they looked like (let them go, ofcourse) and then went back to the house and drank wine and relaxed. The lady whose property it is has a reptile house where she breeds and releases Murray Darling Carpet Pythons, so she let us in to have a look. I was in heaven. Wall to wall of Vivariums and Aquariums with not only Pythons but other snakes too, leaf insects, lizards and geckos. I realise it could be a while before I could ever keep a snake, but keeping a Gecko is much easier so that is now my goal.

Misch brought me home at around 11pm and stayed until 1:30am chatting and drinking coffee. Was a damn good night.

The rest of the weekend has been a normal weekend. There must be something in the air though because today I am doing a major clean. Aside from that, dreading work tomorrow as is usually the case.

So, apart from telling you what I've been up to the last few days, I don't really have anything exciting to write about, in terms of thoughts, observations, etc. Oh, but I will say this. How cool is it in the country looking up at the stars? The sky is just full of them, you can see tiny ones so far away. Never get to see things like that in the city. If only the country wasn't so boring and so far away from any broadband connection, it might just be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)