Search This Blog

Monday, February 16, 2004

Hot in the City


Oh man, I need to move to Hobart or something to escape this heat. It has been constant for a couple of weeks now and I can't stand the heat, I've just always been that way. Give me rain any day. And why did I move to Berri of all places, where it's always a few degrees warmer than in Adelaide? Ah that's right, desperation for a job will get you applying anywhere :P

So, it was Valentine's Day on the weekend. Ivan and I have never really been into Valentine's Day, it's one of those silly events I think - if you want to give someone a gift or something, you should do that on any day, not only on this one day the world tells you to. So we'd pre-arranged not to get each other anything and just to play it by ear on the day to see what we wanted to do. And just aswell, because that was the hottest day over the weekend and I certainly didn't feel like doing a thing. I had a waxing and facial appointment in the morning and then when I got home we just veged out and did nothing. Played a little bit of Desert Combat, caught up on a lot of dvd watching and tried to keep cool. Even though we did nothing the weekend was really exhausting because we couldn't even get a decent night's sleep, the house was just so hot. Ugh!

Sunday we popped into Nicole and Peter's for a brief visit because Nicole had her baby 4 months ago and I still hadn't been to see her. We only stayed for about half an hour though, then I pretty much headed back to Berri. I was supposed to go to the drive-ins with this girl Bronwyn from work but when I got home and it was still 41C we both decided to can that idea and stay home. I tried sleeping in the lounge on my new sofa bed with the air conditioner on but I kept having scary dreams and getting cold and then hot, so didn't really get a good night's sleep.

Back at work today, getting through this huge amount of filing I've had to do. And I mean huge, no exaggeration, I'm talking thousands of sheets of paper to file. Oh yeah, it's been a blast. It's wierd though, even when I'm doing something like filing I still love my job.

So, on to a random rambling. Do you get those songs that as soon as you hear them they remind you of something in your life? And it doesn't have to be hugely significant, it could just be a few laughs with friends but every time you hear the song you either laugh or cry because of the memories it brings. Well, on the drive home I put in this mixed CD Ivan made me for my 21st birthday a few years ago. It just had all these songs I'd picked out, some were older songs, some were new at the time. Anyway, remember that song 500 Miles by the Proclaimers? Well, I had that on there, and it just made me smile from ear to ear when I heard it. It always reminds me of when Elita, Kelly and I went to Miriam's 21st, and she had this Karaoke machine, and no one was getting up to sing so the three of us went and sang that song. And we sounded atrocious, and Ivan, Cerina and Claire looked on in horror but damn, we had a lot of fun. And even though it wasn't the first time I'd sung Karaoke, it's the only one that I really remember, and it makes my heart smile. Amazing what music can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)