Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Down time


Right now I haven't got much to do at work and so I thought I'd take the opportunity to update a bit.

The weekend was really good, so much so that on Sunday I was thinking I didn't want to come back. I do love my work and love the people I work with, but being home was really great and I wanted to stay there. I mean, we didn't even have to do anything special, it was just nice to have Ivan there even if we were just chatting.

It was also fun to get into some gaming again, not that we could do that online with only a modem but our competative natures were exercised by playing some Monopoly Tycoon - a game that usually results in an argument, but we got through it with me only swearing once. The problem is we're both quite stubborn when it comes to this game and hold onto our properties for dear life. If you've never played it then beware, it's dangerous (but good fun).

Saturday night we had Nick's birthday which wasn't too bad. The food was good even if he is a buffoon (hope he never sees this!). The family was all a bit miffed that he wasn't sitting with Maria the whole night, although she didn't seem to mind because she had a bunch of her friends there too so she just spent her night catching up with them.

On Sunday I just cleaned up a bit and had a total veg-out day in front of the tv, probably is another reason why it made it difficult to gear up for the drive home. I got home just as it was getting dark, unpacked and then relaxed some more.

Soon as I came back to work on Monday I was happy again after being sad about leaving Adelaide. Each day I get closer with people and am enjoying doing some real work. Yesterday we all went out for lunch at the golf club and on the drive home the carload of people I went with decided we all go on a bit of a tour of Berri. We ended up having an hour and a half for lunch, hehe!

Had better get back to it. But before I do, I just wanted to wish Emmy a Happy 21st Birthday for tomorrow, because I don't know if I'll get a chance to update this again before then. I don't think she comes here anymore but if Sammo or someone can point her in this direction that'd be great. I know it's not much, but happy birthday girly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)