Search This Blog

Friday, June 20, 2003

Mel's holiday, Day One


When my sister, Maria, and I boarded the plane, she told the steward "We're together" so that he wouldn't have to explain to her aswell how to get to her seat, to which he replied "Oh, okay" in a funny tone. Knowing what he meant, I said "Not like that, we're sisters!". Thus begins the journey.

The plane trip itself went really quickly. When we arrived, my cousin Viktor and his wife Germaine were waiting for us, we got our luggage and then we went out for dinner, to a place called Paris Cafe or something. I'm terrible with names, but it was under a big neon Eiffel tower. Sounds classy, huh? Was actually really nice though.

Then they took us up to Mount Coot-tha (sorry QLDers, forgive all future spellings of places), kind of like our Windy Point or Mount Lofty Lookout except it not only has a restaurant but also a really nice coffee shop, so we had some coffee and then headed home.

Luckily, I had my own room with a nice double bed. I hate sharing rooms (for reasons you'll discover later), but going to bed at midnight was way too early for me, so I didn't get much sleep. On a side note, I met Germaine on the day of their wedding, so have never really spoken to her, but she is such a nice person. Anyway, on to Day Two....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)