Search This Blog

Thursday, June 12, 2003

A mindless update for Jantar


Being that I leave for QLD in 2 days, I thought I'd better catch up with dad before I go. We went for a drive to check out a house my sister was gonna buy, then went to a restaurant to book in for my birthday dinner, then went to the pub for lunch and played the pokies. A nice afternoon! Is quite sad though, when you see all those people who had just collected their pensions gambling it away. The bistro was almost empty, the pokies section almost full.

So I ran in to this friend, Tanya, who I haven't seen since just after high school. She is a year younger than me but used to live just down the road so we would always get together and play, but in high school we drifted apart. Anyway, when she spoke, I could not get over how different her voice sounded. She was so croaky, she sounded about 20 years older than she is, and it was one of those scratchy voices, I'm guessing from way too many cigarettes. Things like that just make you grateful for making changes in your life. Sure, every now and then I still feel like one and may have one, but I don't think I'd ever take it up again.

Hmm, I need sleep, my mind is all over the place. Damn Big Brother Up Late! Unfortunately I'm not feeling very creative and therefore can't think of anything interesting to write about, so I'm just gonna have to use someone else's idea and include a one eyed pirate in here somewhere. Um, that's it.

Oh, if anyone has any links they'd like me to put in my Links page, please let me know, it is looking rather bland right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)