Search This Blog

Friday, January 30, 2004

My own personal version of Settlers


Well, as you can imagine, it has been a full-on week. On Friday we moved everything up to Berri. Ivan and I got here about 10am to meet the Real Estate Agent to get my keys for the new place, then we went to buy me a fridge and arrange delivery. My parents weren't coming until about 5pm, but thankfully they managed to squeeze everything into the truck and we got a lot of things unpacked on the Friday night, despite exhaustion towards the end.

On Saturday Ivan left pretty early and then mum, dad and I went shopping for a few things we'd forgotten about the day before. We continued to move things in and then they left mid afternoon, leaving me all alone for the first time. I unpacked a few more things and then was bored out of my mind for the remainder of the weekend. Monday was probably the better day because I went for a long walk and sat by the river for a while, then went to a Cafe for lunch and generally just had a great day.

I started work on Tuesday and am loving it. Although there have been a few hiccups, like not being able to access the licencing system yet, etc, the people I work with are fantastic and really friendly, and we're all going to the pub for lunch today :)

Now that work has started life has gotten into a normal routine again, and my days no longer drag on. I walk to and from work because it's so close, and then by the time I get home, have dinner and do the dishes, I either watch tv, talk on the phone or read and before I know it it's time for bed. The days are now flying and I'm a lot happier. I do miss Ivan a lot though, particularly the little things, just having him around to share a joke with or to chat to while I cooked dinner, stuff like that I miss.

But tonight I'll be leaving work a little early and driving back to Adelaide. Tomorrow is Nick's birthday so we have that to go to, and hopefully the rest of the weekend will be a nice rest. We still have no real internet connection in Adelaide so I rely on checking my email and stuff at work, so thought I'd better update now before I left for the city.

Hope everyone is well, miss chatting to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)