Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Hayfever sucks and blows!

Far out, this bloody hayfever is driving me crazy! I'm getting very little sleep as a result and am not a happy chappy at all! I suppose it doesn't help that I like being outdoors but I take those pesky tablets which help to a point, but are not completely effective. Anyway, that's my complaint for this entry.

The weekend was great apart from not much sleep due to hayfever. On Saturday I was at Mt Bold Reservoir for the final weekend of the NCSSA Annual Spring Survey. The number of people attending had significantly dropped off so for the morning trap check it was only Peter and I. We caught some more bush rats as well as a house mouse but little else. Apparently they'd caught a Southern Brown Bandicoot on Friday, shame I wasn't there then as I haven't had a chance to see one since finishing my Honours.

In the afternoon, Peter left so Misch, Tim, Leanne and I did the afternoon trap check and then collected them all and started packing the sites up. We then had dinner and I decided to stay for some spotlighting, so I got home just after 10pm.

Sunday morning wasn't as much of an early start seeing as all that was left to do was a truckload of cleaning. It also meant the day wasn't as long, so I got home and vegged out, completely stuffed. I was aiming to get an early night but then I started playing Black & White 2, and before I knew it, it was 2am. I love that game, and have a cow as my creature. It's so cute, it loves to dance for the villagers.

Yesterday I took a Family Leave day to spend some time with Mum. She's at home for 2 more weeks but is always doing better, and has a checkup at the doctor today so hopefully all goes well. I've loaned Mum a bunch of books to keep her entertained while she's at home and she recently read The Da Vinci Code so we spent about an hour discussing religion. It's so nice to be able to sit and talk to Mum about anything, I really value our relationship. The rest of the afternoon was spent helping her with some laundry and then we sat down and watched a video before I came home.

Tonight I'm staying back in town to catch up with Tash and have some dinner with her. Haven't seen her since before Christmas so it's bloody long overdue. Ofcourse, my eyes have been watering all morning and my nose has been dripping, so I look absolutely stunning for the occasion!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)