Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Mid-week woe

Argh, it's only Wednesday, and only part-way through Wednesday at that. Sandra and Vicki are both at a training course for the next couple of days, and Natasha called up sick, so I'm on my own and feeling a tad swamped. Plus I was asked to fill-in at the front counter for an hour (which I'm doing right now) which I despise. Thankfully only two people have come in (a man selling roses and a woman dropping off a birthday card for someone) and the phone hasn't yet rang at all, although there's still about 10 minutes left so I'd better not jinx it.

Last night I went to the Griffin's Head Hotel for dinner with Tash. It was a good night and I had schnitzel for the first time in aaages. I'd parked on Rundle Street and walking to the parking lot, I noticed a man sitting on the corner wearing a mask to cover his mouth and nose (like people in Asia wore when the SARS thing was going around). He pulled a xylophone onto his lap, and started playing. When I got to Level 4 of the carpark, I could still hear the xylophone. A strange feeling, but very relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)