Search This Blog

Thursday, October 06, 2005

A return to the normal routine

Well, after a week off work I'm back here today and so very pleased to be here, let me tell you.*

The camping trip was excellent but I'm still tired as a result. With Thursday off work as well last week I spent the day packing and then went to Mum and Dad's to see how Mum was doing and to collect a few last minute things. I left for Mt Boothby on Friday morning, stopping at Coonalpyn on the way and getting there just before noon. After pitching the tent and unpacking, I went for a drive with Rodney, Graham and Jill around the conservation park to see where to set our traplines. We went to the summit of Mt Boothby aswell which was a little disappointing and more closely resembled a small mound.

By Saturday morning several other people has arrived so we set out early to start digging the pitlines. Thankfully most of the sites were sandy so the digging went relatively quickly, and we were finished by lunchtime. The afternoon was then spent doing a bit more driving around and sightseeing, and a bit of reading while sitting in the sun. So lovely and relaxing.

On Sunday we checked the traplines in the morning. We were lucky enough to catch some pygmy possums which are smaller than mice and have the cutest little faces! We also caught some Silky Mice as well as the damn House Mouse which seems to be all across the country. After lunch I went out with Peter, Cheryl and Aaron to do some opportunistic searching for reptiles and managed to find a bunch of skinks and a couple of species of geckos and some dragons. Always plenty of reptiles to find :) On Sunday afternoon I went for a drive to Messent Conservation Park with Graham, Rodney and Cheryl and we spent a bit of time checking that out but didn't see anything too exciting.

Monday was packup day, so after a check of the traplines again in the morning, we collected them all, packed up our camping equipment and went our separate ways. I got home around 2:30pm very tired and smelly, and enjoyed that shower like you wouldn't believe. Ivan had heaps of TV shows for me to catch up on as well as a couple of movies so I spent the rest of the day lying on the couch frying my brain with television.

Tuesday was declared washing day, with not much else happening besides that. Very exciting stuff. But the night was a bit more exciting because it was Alex's birthday, so we went to have dinner at Spargo's and then went to the movies to see Serenity (a must for fans of the series Firefly). And yesterday I spent a few hours at Mum and Dad's and didn't do too much else. I could so get used to the idea of staying home and not going to work, so long as I got some money for doing so. Ah well. Better get back to work now I suppose :(

*May or may not be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)