Search This Blog

Sunday, March 25, 2007

A slow week

What happened this to Xy this week?

Well as the title would suggest it has been a fairly slow week for me.
I spent
Monday and Tuesday out and about running from place to place dropping off a trees worth of paper in resumes in the hopes of snagging a pre-easter sales position for some extra monies and since then have only received one call back so i can only assume many other people had the same idea as me.

I then spent
Wednesday finding out all about some Australia Post night shift mail centre jobs (ugh, night shift *shudders*) which apparently are paying some pretty sweet shift loading and require no previous experience.
For some reason though to get a casual position, which I would really like to get so as not to go barmy from permanent night shift five or six days a week, requires sending away for forms to be sent out to you to fill out and then send back.
The strange part is that you can directly apply for the full time positions online which seems silly and
unnecessary to me but from the looks of it I think Aust Post has some deal with government employment to send long term unemployed into the casual roles so they get first dibs.

Amusing/Obscure Conversations:

You know, apart from my job seeking this week I have hardly had any contact at all with anyone I know for various reasons so there isn't all that much to report here.

I will have to send a big
shout out thank you to Mel though for taking nearly 2 hours out of her Friday night to help me log into blogger again.
For some reason though things all seemed to be correct I just couldn't log in, so we went right back to basics and re did everything from word go and with only a slight glitch with the password that kept us scratching our collective heads for about 20 minutes we finally got it all working and my co-author access set back up.

So a golf clap from me for you Mel *chuckles*.

The kids over in merry old
England have just recently gotten married and I haven't heard hide nor hair from them in a couple days now which leads me to believe they are enjoying their honeymoon together.

I can't wait for the pics of the wedding, I will seek permission to post a few here from them when they next resurface and see how we go ^_^.


Colourful moods:

*Shrugs* Kind of a neutral one this week, not many highs or lows with no one around to interact with.
I have spent a deal of my time keeping distracted with many silly videos and things people have been linking online recently and an epic 300 movie photo-chop thread over at the Gen[M]ay forums that has been keeping me giggling for days now :D.

A small taste of the funny:
(Seems this new blogger doesn't like direct embeds of material so I will put links instead).

http://x014.uploaderx.net/x/heman.jpg
http://x013.uploaderx.net/x/1174681534.jpg
http://x014.uploaderx.net/x/1174457306.jpg
http://x014.uploaderx.net/x/300_23.gif
http://x014.uploaderx.net/x/lmao.gif


Hobbies and Interests Pursued:

Well as per usual like clockwork if you know me "at all" you will know I have been watching my American TV shows (mainly Battlestar Galactica this week) and gaming, which brings me to S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
I am a massive fan of the game series Fallout (1, 2 and tactics) which were isometric view post apocalyptic games brought out in the late 90's.
And so when I first started playing stalker and saw many references back to these games in it in both playing style despite it being a first person shooter and items and some storyline plots I was swept away by its emersive game play.

I haven't as yet had a great amount of time to really get stuck into it yet but I do plan on doing so in my spare time and when I can find a time my roommate isn't playing his uber machine (my poor PC has no hope of running it :'( ).
It can be scary at times and something I really enjoy about it is that if you go all Gun ho and charge a guy with a shotgun your probably going to die very quickly, in fact it is very very easy to die in this game and therefore promotes a bit of use of the old grey matter that seems to be very absent in many modern game styles.

Look before you leap:

I have a small but important lesson to hand out to those who on occasion use public transport.
If you are using a train line you have never used before make sure to at least make a cursory study of the connecting time table to other lines or you may just find yourself wasting precious monies on a cab ride home when you become stranded :/.

I can't really afford to be doing that again any time soon so I guess I have literally learned a look before you leap lesson this week.

I have another update comming very shortly with some fun time wasting content so stay tuned space cadets!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)