Search This Blog

Sunday, March 18, 2007

A week in the life of Mel

Preamble
This being the first entry of its kind for me, I didn't plan for it well at all, thus it's pretty dull, and for that I'm sorry. In the future I'll have to make sure I write things down during the week to help me remember them for when it comes time for this weekly update.

What happened this week

What a loaded question! Well the week started with a public holiday which involved me working on an assignment most of the day. When I finally finished it, thinking it was due on Friday, I realised I got the dates mixed up and I actually had a whole other week I could have done it in. For various reasons the week involved a lack of sleep and so I was off work Tuesday also with a headache and very tired. So, the rest of the week was the usual - work, study, little else. I did some overtime yesterday, so haven't had much of a weekend, but we did go out to dinner last night and had a bit of a walk down Jetty Road which was nice. Today the Formula 1 race was on in Melbourne so I've had my butt seated on the couch pretty much all day up until now. Nothing exciting as you can see, but a full week. I also gained a slight MySpace addiction and can't seem to stop updating my page in any way I can.

Amusing/Obscure conversations
Pat: Has anyone seen the DeLoia file?
Sandra: I did see it somewhere...
Me: *chuckles* Well that's helpful.
Pat: Oh yes, I can stop looking now!
All: *laughter*
[About 10 minutes later]
Pat: I err... found that file on my desk.

Colourful moods
A myriad of moods, from sadness, sleepiness, worry, frustration, forgetfulness and happiness.

Hobbies and interests pursued
This week I continued my Japanese studies, got to watch the Formula 1 race, signed up to Footy Tipping at Mum's work, and am considering doing a creative writing course at WEA next year. Also continuing to save my arse off for this overseas holiday, as I really want to make it happen.

Look before you leap
Ideally, I'd be writing about silly things other people have done or said in this section but last night I did something which made me say "Gee, I'm annoyed with myself". We went out to Hog's Breath for dinner which is a bit of a treat due to trying to be on a strict savings plan, but I sweetened the suggestion of going by announcing I had a voucher which entitled us to 25% off the total bill. Which would have been fantastic, had I remembered to use it. We were a few streets away from being home, in fact, when I remembered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)