Search This Blog

Saturday, September 13, 2003

Happy Birthday, Mum!


Today is my Mum's 49th Birthday, and even though she will never see this as she doesn't even know how to turn a computer on, I wanted everyone out there to know how much she means to me and I wanted to say Happy Birthday publicly.

I will admit I have gotten frustrated and annoyed with my parents from time to time, but they both have done everything just to make our lives better. They flew us across the world to where they didn't know the language to give us kids a better life and more opportunities than they had, they made sure we were well fed before they got food for themselves, they worked their asses off to get us not only a decent roof over our heads but to buy us kids anything we desired. The list of things they've done for us is phenomenal. Even today, when we're all grown up and independent, and I'm living away from home, they do everything to help us out. Meals, money, anything to make our lives easier. They know I love them and appreciate them, but maybe I should do more to let them know how important they are to me.

So, on days like today, I think a lot about what they've done for me, how they've shaped me to be the person I am, and I try to make their day as happy and loving as I can. So, to cut a long story short, I love you Mum, and hope you have a great birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)