Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 09, 2003

Remind me


Remind me never to do certain things again. Like, looking through the pantry, deciding to clean it out and so having something gross for dinner. I bought this pack of felafel mix a while ago to give it a try. I've had felafels before and thought they were great, so in a very unwise move, thought a packet mix could be just as good, if not better. What should have happened was that I should have left it in the cupboard so it was past its use-by date and then I could have just thrown it out without subjecting myself to its hideous flavours.

By simply making up the mix, I should have known something wouldn't be right. The smells of all the spices should have been a warning. But no, I persevered, stinking out the house in the process. Once cooked, I took a bite and thought 'that wasn't so bad'. Until I swallowed and the after-taste hit me. Ok, well, I needed something to eat for dinner, and these were already cooked so I had to try and drown out the taste. Well, the tomatos and cream cheese just weren't powerful enough. The result? Felafels go in the bin, Mel is still hungry but is feeling too sick to put anything more in her mouth.

Remind me never to do that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)