Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 17, 2003

*sniff*


I just can't shake this damned cold. At least my throat isn't sore anymore but now I sound even more nasal than I normally do. Can't stop sneezing or sniffing. Yesterday was my rostered day off but today I rang up sick, just didn't fancy sneezing and spluttering my way through the day. We already have a lack of customers, didn't want to drive any more away with my germs.

But I've vowed to not let the entire day be a waste. I plan to complete some job applications today and get them sent off. Even though it looks like work is going to give me a promotion soon, I'm gonna keep looking for something else. Haven't studied so many years to stay at a supermarket. In the meantime, hey, if they want to pay me more money that's great, but it's not going to entice me to stay. So will at least spend an hour or so doing that, so as not to waste the whole day.

The only thing that sucks about throwing a sickie is having to go to the doctor for a certificate. I remember the good old days when the Medicare system actually worked and you didn't have to pay up front to see the doctor. I know within a couple of weeks most of it is sent back to you, but when you're on a very strict budget like me, being out of pocket for two weeks sucks.

Anyway, enough ranting and raving like a lunatic. Anyone would think I was stricken with fever the way I'm carrying on.

*sniff*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)