Search This Blog

Thursday, September 04, 2003

Theme of the month


It appears that in all of my entries I have nothing much to discuss, this is again one of those times. I don't know what it is with me lately, but I'm feeling very unimaginative and uncreative. I tend to think of things to write about when I am stuck in traffic or daydreaming at work or something. Mostly it's things I've observed, I am a big fan of observing other people. I like to see the way people behave, how they treat other people, etc. I think this is one of the reasons I like reality TV so much lately. Used to hate it more than I hate, well, something I loathe (couldn't think of an example). My latest show is the Amazing Race, on a bit late for my liking but really interesting to see how couples/friends/workmates treat each other under pressure. Then I think about when, the other night at dinner, mum's schnitzel arrived a little late and that was the end of the world as far as my parents were concerned. A hot "debate" followed where dad reminded mum she was not the only customer that night and mum retorted by, well, no retort, just yelling. Would love to see those two trying to decide which plane would be the best to take and who does which task a-la The Amazing Race. Now that would make interesting viewing.

So moving on from that, here's something I hate. When a so-called support person replies to your technical question with an answer that belittles you, removing all blame from them and basically pointing out that you must be a raving lunatic. Let me explain. After 4 days of my Comments on this site being broken, I emailed said support staff at the site that hosts the comments. When I load up IE the next day, lo and behold, it seems to be fixed. So I check my email, telling myself how brilliant I am for notifying them of the problem and how surely I must have received some wonderful gift. Alas, no. The email waiting for me said only this, and I quote - "I have just been to your website and your comments seem to be working fine". Apparently, there has been nothing wrong for 4 entire days. Apparently it was all in my head. And yes, if you noticed it too, apparently it was all in your head. A simple "We apologise, there was a problem with our [insert technical garb here] which has now been fixed" would have sufficed. But no, these people apparently have never heard of customer service. Ok Mel, breathe deeply, calm down....

And, right this second, just got another rejection letter for a job in my email. Yep, life is grand. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)