Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 23, 2003

Toadie rules


Been a busy couple of days. I've gotten over my cold now and the weather has been beautiful so I've been trying to make the most of it while it lasts.

Now that the finals are here for the footy I've been getting into it a bit more again. On Saturday we had a couple of friends over for the games, had some pizza, beer and just a great time. I went and picked my car up that morning so was in a great mood to start with. So good to have it back!

My sister is in a group called Project Dolphin Safe and they were doing some tree planting and rubbish removal around the Port River on Sunday so I went along to help out. The guy that plays Toadie in Neighbours, Ryan whatever, was there and Maria and I got our photo taken with him. Not that either of us are really into the show but just for a bit of a laugh. Apparently he's a committee member, not that he lives in the state or anything, and my sister has certainly never seen him at any committee meetings. We wondered whether he'd actually do any work or just stand in the shade of the tent all day, but after our morning break he did actually get his hands dirty and helped out. More than I can say for his chick though, lazy sod. Anyway, Maria and I had a great day, I reckon together we planted about 80 trees, the whole group doing over 1000 they said. On the way back home we stopped off at a couple of places along the Port River to see if we could spot any dolphins but had no luck. Port Adelaide is a really weird place to visit for me. Being a Port there's a lot of industry around there and it has so much tradition it's almost like stepping back in time. I can picture myself there 100 years ago waving off steam ships and the like. But then, I'm a freak, so never mind.

Then the weekdays arrived, and it's back to work. And this week, because Bilo is so wonderful at planning ahead for when people go on holidays, I've gotta fill in at another store and travel between the two. It means a little extra money but a hell of a lot more hassle, so not really worth it. Meh. Stupid Bilo. As down as I am about it, still been filling in lots of job applications last few days. Can't give up I suppose.

Oh, and how good was the Brownlow Medal last night?!?! 3 winners, what a treat! My main reason for watching the Brownlow is to see what the player's wives and girlfriends are wearing. Nathan Buckley's wife is hideous, I don't see the big deal about her. I think we women like awards shows because we imagine being on the arm of someone there. I asked Ivan if guys imagine being with the girls there, and he said they just imagine undressing them afterwards. Probably a true realisation.

Anyway, had better go, bored you long enough as it is. This weather has been so nice lately, it's inspired me to get my fat ass away from the couch and go for walks. So please stay, nice weather! Mel needs you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)