Search This Blog

Thursday, October 16, 2003

The curse of Mel


I wanted to tell you about a strange phenomenon that occurs every day of my life. I call it The Curse of Mel.

The curse involves railway crossings. Now, I don't know whether I'm sending out some strange electrical impulses or just some train-attracting vibes, but The Curse of Mel means that, whenever I'm driving a car, sometimes if I'm the passenger but not as often, I get stuck at a railway crossing. This is rather annoying because on the way to work I go through two of them.

Some might say it's because I'm travelling at the same time every day, but to those people I say "HA! You fools! The Curse of Mel is far more powerful than that!". You see, my roster is different every day, so it's not as if it's because I am following the same schedule.

Let me give you an example of the power of this curse. When I went away recently for the long weekend, I was driving home, in Adelaide for little more than 10 minutes, before I got caught at a railway crossing. On a public holiday. When the trains run like once an hour.

On other occasions I will be coming home from a meeting at, like 10pm, from the city which is only 10 minutes away, and get a train at the only single frigging crossing I go through. After 6pm. When the trains don't even run that often.

So you see, this curse is here with me and maybe talking about it will wash some of the vibes away. Or, maybe, the vibes will just weaken and I will get only one train at the one crossing instead of 3 (yes, my readers, that has happened several times too).

Fear The Curse of Mel! Muwahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)