Search This Blog

Monday, January 12, 2004

History


I was thinking recently of all the historical things a person sees in their lifetime. I mean, recently there haven't been any World Wars, we here have been really lucky that those things that have happened haven't effected us directly, but we've still seen some major historical events recently. My Grandma often tells me stories of what happened to them back in Yugoslavia during World War II, and although I've never lived through anything so drastic, it's kinda cool to have things to tell your own grandchildren about.

The main event that springs to mind is ofcourse the attack on the World Trade Centre, and I think we all remember where we were when we first heard about that. Stemming from that we've now seen the fall of Saddam Hussein's regime, which is a huge thing when you think about all the years he's been in power.

I think sometimes we get so caught up in our own lives we forget to stop and see what's happening around us. But we should all take note and remember these things, so if nothing else we'll have our own cool stories to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)