Search This Blog

Friday, January 09, 2004

Busy Times


Things have been really crazy here and that's why I haven't had a chance to update this blog, so will just run down what I've been doing in a nutshell.

New Year's Eve wasn't bad, just had a few people over and while the boys played computer games Christine and I watched movies and had some drinks. Poor thing though, she'd had to work two jobs that day and had been up since 6am, so she kept dozing off and so it wasn't an overly exciting night for me, but it still wasn't bad.

After New Year's, Ivan and I knuckled down in finding a new place here in Adelaide, while I kept searching for places in Berri. Our spare time was spent looking up places, chasing up real estate agents, and filling out applications. We just signed the papers on a place not far from here on Wednesday night so we move in next Friday, so our time now is being spent packing things up, although I have to admit I'm a lot more slack in doing that. I despise packing.

I've started my new job, training here in Adelaide, and I'm absolutely loving it. Have already spent a day in the field, met lots of great people and I've learnt an incredible amount of things. It's funny, my friend Jun is very anti-government employees and now I am the enemy. Makes me laugh when I think of that. Greg has helped me to find a place in Berri and this weekend I'm gonna go fill out the application, so it looks like I'll be moving there in a couple of weeks. I still have to apply for the place, but I think it's pretty much mine if I want it.

That's about it in a nutshell. I had better go and start some work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)