Search This Blog

Thursday, January 22, 2004

Stuff and nonsense


I don't have much to write but seeing as I won't be back at work until Tuesday after today and I don't know if I'll be logging on this weekend yet, I thought I'd better update. Tomorrow I leave for Berri and my stomach is just in knots thinking about it. Like I said last entry, I'm really excited but also kinda sad, so it's all a bit wierd for me. Ivan, Mum and Dad are staying over on Friday night and then I'll have 3 days to myself before I start in the new office.

In the last few days I've caught up with a couple of people before I leave, like Michelle and Misch which has been nice. I already have plans for most weekends coming up so I'll be back quite often at first. I have a birthday, a Hen's night, Valentine's Day and a wedding to come all within the next 4 weeks, so things will be a bit hectic, but at least it'll give me excuses to keep coming home and curbing my homesickness.

I've actually been able to relax the last few days, getting home from work and either having people over or just relaxing in front of the TV, so life is starting to get back to normal. Tonight all I have to do is pack a few saucepans and load up the car so that in the morning we can take off bright and early.

So, maybe this blog can start to be more about my thoughts and feelings soon like it used to be, rather than telling people mundane daily things. Sorry, but I've barely had time to think lately so haven't had exciting things to write about.

I get time to think on the train though, and I quite like the train because you get to observe people. Mostly every day I see new faces, but there's this one man who gets on every day with a little girl of about 2 years old in a pram, and I love watching them because they make my heart smile. I think he takes his girl to childcare and then goes to work because he's always on the peak-hour train. I just love the way he talks to her and plays with her, and when she laughs everyone around them smiles. I guess he reminds me of my dad, and that's why I like it so much, I don't know. Soppy girl stuff I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)