Search This Blog

Monday, January 19, 2004

One down...


Well, I'm sure glad the weekend is gone, it was just non-stop until yesterday afternoon. Friday Ivan and Darren moved most of the furniture but there were still lots of little things to go and collect, so straight after work I started on that. Then, ofcourse, you can't move everything into the new place all at once because when it's so small you need to put things away, so it was just crazy.

Saturday was the clean-up day. Mum and Maria helped me clean while Dad packed things into his car that I'll be taking to Berri with me. I was there from 7am and didn't make it home until about 4:30pm, crazy. How can one small place get so dirty?! The problem is they want you to do things you wouldn't normally do, like wiping out cupboards and cleaning windows - what sane person does this things on a regular cleaning cycle? It's just abnormal. And because we've been burned by landlords badly in the past we wanted everything to look great so they couldn't possibly argue with us about anything. Fingers crossed we get our bond back without all the hassle we had last time.

Sunday was just the last few things picked up and a final quick mop around the place and it wasn't too bad a day, although we did have a lot of things at the new place to sort out. So that's one move down, one to go. I just hope all my things fit in the truck to Berri and into our cars, it would suck if they didn't and I had to do a couple of trips. I've officially gotten Friday off work so I'll be leaving bright and early in the morning.

The rest of this week will be spent catching up with a few people before I leave and packing things for myself in the meantime. I look forward to finally being settled in and really starting my new job, but now that it's getting closer I'm also getting really sad. I'm gonna miss Ivan heaps :(

Anywho, will keep updating from work when I get the chance. Thanks for the cool SMS's and phone calls over the weekend, they helped to break the dullness of moving :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)