Search This Blog

Friday, June 10, 2005

As a long weekend approaches

Hooray for Fridays! Hooray for long weekends! Hooray for hoorays!

Not that the insane cheering has passed, I shall provide a brief update of what's been happening the last few days, shall I? After all, this blog is more of a diary of events than anything else (although I'd like it to be so much more) so let us begin.

Work this week both sucks and blows. I'm not really sure what it is, just my usual "I'd rather be curled up at home" mentality, but there you go. So, how do I combat that? I apply to relieve for a supervisor so I can be given more responsibility and more reason to complain!

One of the Coordinators here is going on Long Service Leave at the end of this month so I applied for the relief work. I really would like to move up in the Department, and need more experience, so thought it's best if I apply. Myself and another girl here have pretty much the same skills, and rather than choosing between the two of us, they've asked if we wanted to split the role. So I'm doing the first 4 weeks, and she's doing the second. I don't mind sharing, I'm more interested in getting the experience really, and a little extra pay will help.

All of this mole removal and stuff seems to be costing way more than I thought it would, as I received a bill I wasn't expecting for it yesterday, and am expected to still fork out $200 for the privilege of feeling the doctor slice up my back. I know Medicare covers some of it but I still feel as though my life is just one big bill and my credit card will eventually wither and die.

Anyway aside from giving my money to other people, the evenings have been busy lately. On Wednesday night I went to a Field Naturalist's meeting. I've been a member for a couple of years now and have never gotten to a meeting, so it was nice to attend and very interesting actually. I dare say I'll go more regularly from now on.

Last night I met Maria and Mum at the bridal store for Maria's second dress fitting. It's really coming along beautifully and she only has one more fitting to go before the big day.

Tonight should be relatively quiet but tomorrow will be hella busy. In the morning I have a facial, then I need to go to one end of the city to get some polystyrene for insulation for the heat mat, then head to the other end of the city to get some sand for the geckos, then head to Bunnings. Finally, during the night we're going to Maria and Steve's for a BBQ. Neither of them are into strippers or shenannigans so they're not having official Bucks or Hens nights, so this BBQ is pretty much it I think, their last event before their wedding.

I plan to spend the rest of the weekend relaxing.

I guess that's about it then! I really want to write some personal stuff here but will refrain I suppose...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)