Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

The long weekend hangover

Not that I actually have a hangover, it's more a figure of speech. You know, it's that usual sluggishness you feel after a long weekend when you wake to your alarm to get ready for a short week at work.

The weekend was excellent and lazy and very rejuvenating. Saturday was a bit nuts though, with a lot of running around to be done. I started the day with a facial, but in hindsight probably should have finished with it instead. I then went for a drive to Lonsdale to get the gear for my geckos - some sand, a thermometer, a water dish and some crickets. On the way back into town I popped into Home Hardware to get some plywood, then the search for the polystyrene began. Bloody hell, who would think it would be so difficult to find a sheet of polystyrene? Thing is, I needed the heat mat to sit on it for insulation, and so I needed a heat resistant grade. When I finally found a place that had a sheet, not only would they not cut it to size for me but they didn't know if it was heat resistant. "Oh, you should be ok". I should indeed. I bought the stuff anyway after another hour and a half spent trying to find a place that could at least be helpful. Conclusion: my geckos' home is complete! I pick them up tonight and can't wait!

Saturday night was Maria and Steve's faux Hen's and Buck's night and it was quite good. It was nice to finally meet Steve's family and we had more fun than I thought we would. I think we were the first to leave though, but them's the breaks. Apparently there was one incident, where one of the guys decided to get a tree from next door to throw onto the bonfire rather than use the wood that Steve had in his backyard. Needless to say the neighbour was not pleased one bit, and Maria and Steve had to pay her $150 to replace the tree. Let's hope they get that money back. Must be a guy thing - I didn't find it funny but Ivan did.

Sunday and Monday were so lazy I can't quite believe how little I did on both days. There was just the usual washing to be done, and the rest of the day was spent doing a lot of reading and a lot of nothing. Very rejuvenating!

In world news today: Michael Jackson was found not guilty of all 10 counts against him. Wonder how long it'll be before someone else lays charges...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)