Search This Blog

Friday, November 18, 2005

Bloody Rumsfeld

Is this man really worth all this security in Adelaide? Is he worth closing main streets for and blocking some pedestrian paths for? I truly believe not, if someone really wanted to hurt him I'm sure they could get to him. Instead the general population of Adelaide, who possibly despise the man but who are not psychopathic people, have to suffer.

I knew there would be roads closed and bad traffic, and don't normally drive into work but since I'm going to Maria's straight after, I had to. So even though I only live 10-15 minutes from the CBD, I gave myself 45 minutes to get to work. Apparently, so did everyone else. As I moved along at a snail's pace and arrived at work 15 minutes late, I came to the conclusion Rumsfeld is an arse who does not warrant road closures.

One of the guys that works here walked the same way to work he walks every morning, but got stopped and asked what he was doing there today, ID checked and everything. A 50 metre pedestrian path that shortcuts besides a bank on one side and a fitness centre on the other was protected by a security guard today so those of us already running late had to detour from our normal paths. Was Mr Rumsfeld perhaps sitting on a bench there having a smoko with Downer? Me thinks not. Unnecessary bullshit. And then I heard about someone yesterday running off the train to try and catch their bus only to be tackled to the ground by police thinking they were some terrorist. Good work. I look forward to the man leaving and life in our city returning to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)