Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

The age-old problem

Or perhaps it should be called the old age problem? Whatever you call it, I'm not liking it. Allow me to explain. It's only while I'm here at work that I noticed something quite upsetting. The light in the bathrooms here is quite bright and is at just the right angle that when I look in the mirror, this one gray hair strand I have stands out, being incredibly obvious. I didn't even know I had any strand of gray until seeing it in the mirror in the bathroom here. How depressing! I'm only 26, I'm not supposed to be getting gray hairs yet. Although, my sister started going gray at a young age, but I was hoping I'd take after Mum who didn't seem to go gray until she hit the 40's. Thank goodness I get my hair coloured regularly and have an appointment on Friday!

In an effort to make me feel young, Karen (bless her) saved me a chocolate crackle and a cornflake cupcake thingy and presented them to me the other day. She had made a whole bunch for her friend's child's birthday party and put a couple aside. I haven't had those since I myself was in primary school and I'd forgotten how yummy they were. But more importantly, they made me feel young again. It's really something that should be served at adult parties I think. Stuff the cakes and savoury snacks, just make a tray of chocolate crackles and everyone will love you for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)