Search This Blog

Friday, November 25, 2005

The season of spending

I love Christmas, I always have. I love decorating the Christmas tree, catching up with the family, and have been known to sit staring into the Christmas lights for ages, just thinking. I must admit, I also love spending money, so when it comes to Christmas it can be a bit troublesome. Not only because I buy gifts for other people, but I inevitably see things I'd like for myself but which I know nobody else will buy for me, so I tend to treat myself over Christmas, too.

On Wednesday night I went to the Dymock's Booklover sale where we members got a sneak peek at the new catalogue. Yes, I bought a present for someone else but inevitably also bought myself 3 books, and saw something in the catalogue they were out of stock of, so ordered it. Probably not the best idea, what with trying to save for a house at all, but hey, if you can't treat yourself over Christmas, when can you?

In other news, I recently switched desks here at work, and although I got to keep my computer, the monitors didn't get changed over. That's cool, they're the same model, but the last girl who sat here was a vegetarian and she's placed stickers on the monitor. One says "Meat's no treat for those you eat" and the other has a picture of a chicken and says "I am not a nugget". I feel bad removing them there but it's also hypocritical of me to leave them up, especially on those days I'm eating my lunch at my desk. As a plus side though, I now have my purple intrays to match my purple folders (not all of them though, have 3 more trays to trade).

I'm so happy it's Friday, I just wish it was Friday afternoon. Hardly anyone is here today, I wish I had been a bit smarter and booked a day off too. As I was walking to work from the train station I passed so many people on their way to Adelaide Oval to watch the cricket, I was green with envy - I know where I'd rather be.

Anyway, back to it I suppose...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)