Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

We have a weener

It's the Melbourne Cup today (that's a big horse racing event for you non-Aussies, they call it the race that stops the nation). As is usually the case, the only betting I ever do on the thing is the office sweep. A few years ago I was lucky enough to come first and win some money, but ofcourse, the general format is that I get a crap horse or two who finishes somewhere in the middle so I win absolutely nothing. This year was no exception to the rule.

I suppose it's been a week since my last update so I'd better... update you all. Yeah.

I was a bit unwell last week and ended up only being at work for part of Tuesday, then Thursday and Friday. I'm still not 100% but I feel a bit better so there's no more excuses for having days off (unfortunately). The weekend was really good. On Saturday we went to Darren's for a LAN. I came second in the F.E.A.R. deathmatch competition and won a CD holder thingy which is kinda cool. Daylight savings started so we lost an hour somewhere during the night, so we ended up going to bed at around 3:30am. On Sunday I went to Belair for the Friends of Belair 20th birthday party. Nothing overly exciting but we had yummy roast for lunch and the weather was gorgeous so no better place to be on such a lovely day than a national park methinks. I had yesterday off as a Flexi as it was Mum's last day at home before going back to work after the operation so we got to spend a few hours together. So today feels like a Monday a bit.

Today also marks the beginning of NaNoWriMo, something I failed terribly at last year but have decided to give it another go. Although, I don't know why I'm giving it a go. Last year I at least had an idea and the time to write whereas this year I have neither. I have to write at least 1667 words a day and today all I've got is 261 (so far). A terrible start. Damn work...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)