Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Hmph, hurry up


Remember that show, Mr Squiggle? Well, imagine the above title spoken in the voice of Blackboard.

Anyway, so this day is dragging. I was trying to hold off blogging until the results of the US election were in but my goodness, that could take ages. I was hoping to do a celebratory dance around my blog, but it's not yet been confirmed who the winner is, and if it's Bush, then I sure as hell won't be dancing around my blog, or anywhere for that matter. I went home for lunch so I could watch the broadcast and get an idea, but after the debarcle in 2000 no station wants to make any early predictions so almost all the states at that stage were at the "we don't have enough data" stage.

Apart from what's been going on overseas, my mind is all mush at the moment! I've been sitting here at work, working on my novel because there is nothing else to do. I was hoping to get to 5000 words today but I'm strapped for ideas again, and with my mind now being mush I won't be achieving much. And I still have two hours of sitting here to do, joy!

So, anyone that's been watching Survivor will know that last night they voted the last decent looking guy off the island, dammit. No eye candy for us girls now!

Hmm, what else can I prattle on about to kill some time?

Oh, I despise the show but I've been playing this Law and Order game on the computer in the last couple of days and it's really good! It's pretty cool to look for clues and interview witnesses. I have a long way to go before I have a case to take before the courtroom though, so that will probably keep me busy in the next few evenings.

I really need to try and get to sleep a little earlier though. Moving the clocks forwards an hour on the weekend has stuffed my body clock up a bit, and it's only an hour! How pathetic, hehehe.

Oh! What the heck is up with spam? It's bad enough we get emails selling us stuff we don't need, now my comments are starting to be infiltrated! I was going through some blog entries from a couple of months ago earlier becaise I am SO BORED and was reading comments people had left, and then all of a sudden there's these random spam comments by some random internet bot thing!!! They were all from different IPs so there was no point IP blocking, so I just deleted the comments and thought "Piss off, spam bots!!!". Sheesh, is nowhere safe?!?

Dammit, this only took up 5 minutes. Oh well, I suppose I should try and reach this 5000 word target. Or browse the internet. Or fall asleep at my desk. I have a lot of options at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)