Search This Blog

Monday, November 08, 2004

Oops-a-daisy


Well I did absolutely no writing on Friday or over the entire weekend so my novel is pretty much dead and I've discovered I'm a terrible National Novel Writing Month participant. Ah well, there's always next year :)

So the weekend was absolutely freezing and all my plans were thrown into disarray. On Saturday night Dad and I were going to go to Speedway City to watch some Sprintcar Racing but we decided to cancel that because not only was it cold but it was raining and the race most likely would have been cancelled. Plus it's no fun freezing your ass off at a racetrack. During the day on Saturday I was going to go to a BBQ at Belair National Park, where after the BBQ the Friends of Belair were having their monthly meeting. I had planned to go since I haven't gotten to a meeting in about a year, and knew that the BBQ was under cover and the meeting was in this hall. But when I got to Dad's on Friday and he suggested we go out for lunch somewhere, I figured I'd rather be warmer than at some BBQ in wintery conditions.

So, Friday night was the usual quiet, catching up on TV shows I'd missed day. On Saturday we had a sleep-in and then Ivan and I met up with Dad at Best Mix, this Chinese restaurant on Anzac Highway and had a yummy lunch. We got home around 1:30pm and then Ivan basically said the rest of the day was up to me, as a thankyou of sorts for the amount of travelling I do and stuff. It was a lovely thought but it was too cold to do anything, so I preferred a day inside in front of the computer. Hehe, geekiness wins!! We were going to go out for dinner but I wanted Fasta Pasta, and the closest one was too far away in the cold (hahaha I was so lazy on the weekend), so we went to Captain Chicken and got yummy yummy takeaway. Sunday was a lazy day again (although it usually is), I just went and saw Dad on my way back to Berri and that was about it.

Does anyone remember the shows Degrassi Junior High and Degrassi High? Well I absolutely loved them and seeing as they've not been released on DVDs, and probably never will, when I saw them online I just HAD to get them. So Ivan put them onto discs for me and I watched a few episodes last night before bed. That was about it!

Work is still boring, but what's new :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)