Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Damn it

It appears my comments are borked again. I'm not sure how long to give it. Last time I gave it three days before contacting the place that hosts them, and then got a completely useless response of "It works for me", not a "Oh, thanks, we've found the problem and it's fixed". So you see, they're not my favourite people to contact.

Anyway, so I'm at home today. My plan was to sleep until about this time, but alas, the phone rang at 8:45am and I've been up since, wasting away the day. I feel quite run down and am longing for a night where I sleep solidly, without waking up for no reason. It's been so long since that's happened.

Work has been full-on lately so I think I needed a break from that too. On top of that, they have a web blocker installed now and so I can't access my Hotmail from work anymore. I'm also scared to visit a lot of the sites I usually visit incase I'm being monitored. I'm applying for a temporary relief position, one pay level higher, and the last thing I want is to get in trouble over something silly. But it makes the days longer and more tedious.

The weekend wasn't too bad. On Saturday I had my hair coloured and then went to help Misch set up for her 40th birthday party. It was about 50 Kms away, at a property up past Wistow, so I was planning to spend the night. Anyway, got there at about 2pm and it was a madhouse with nothing having been done. People started arriving at around 4pm and we were still chopping mountains of vegetables for dinner. Thankfully, the other guests chipped in and we were able to relax a bit. It wasn't a bad night, it was a good mix of people, but by 11pm all I wanted to do was come home to my comfortable bed. So I did. Sunday was just a day of recovery really. I played this game called Still Life for most of the day, I'm completely addicted. It's a bit like a CSI game but a bit more dark and gruesome. Oh and I put on 0.1 Kgs too, I guess it's my own fault for snacking too much at Misch's birthday :-/

Long time readers may remember my desire to get a barking gecko to keep as a pet. Well, now that I'm back in Adelaide I've been having serious discussions with one of the ladies from SAHG and she has not one but two she wants to sell! I mean, just look at how cute they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)