Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Strange days

It's been an interesting few days here, and therefore a long blog post to come, so feel free to skip through it (although I'd forever think of you as rude and uncaring).

I had Friday off work and went to the Friends of Parks AGM at Cummins' Historical House. I'd never even heard of the place but it's a nice place to visit, built in the 1800s. We had some morning tea, then the meeting got underway. As is tradition, the meeting ran a little late but then we had lunch and were taken on a tour of the house which was really nice.

On Saturday Mum, Maria and I went shopping, although it wasn't easy because I'm kinda in-between sizes at the moment so most things were either too big or too small. I ended up buying a couple of pairs of shoes, a handbag, 4 workshirts and some pants. Not bad considering it was hard to find clothes that fit I suppose.

Sunday was Mother's Day so, ofcourse, I went to have lunch with the family. It was an interesting lunch indeed, resulting in Dad taking wire cutters to one of my earrings. You see, I've been trying to take them off for months but wasn't able to figure out the clasp that kept them on. Mum tugged at my ear (causing intense pain, mind you) for a good 10 minutes before we resorted to the wire cutters. After one earring was cut, Dad figured out how to work the clasp. The result - one broken pair of earrings, sore ears, and a few giggles at my expense.

Yesterday I had the morning off work to go to the dermatologist. Not knowing where it was but thinking I knew the suburb, I got off the train station and proceeded to find my destination on foot. Little did I know I'd be walking for 45 minutes, causing my poor feet to ache in my new shoes and making me late for my appointment. There wasn't a chance in hell I was walking back to the train station after my appointment was over, so I had to call a taxi to get me to work. What an idiot. I felt the most stupid when I was walking past the main road I live off. I may as well have walked from home. Note to self: Next time, drive.

So, those were my strange days. They say things come in threes but I'm really hoping I get through today without me being a total idiot...

***

Weight lost this week: 0.1 Kgs
Total weight lost: 5.6 Kgs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)