Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

A Day on the Green and other stuff

Well and truly time to update, methinks. The weekend was aces! On Saturday morning I drove up to Angaston where I was staying with Bron's parents, as Bron and I were heading off to A Day on the Green, which if you haven't heard of was an outdoor concert with The Audreys, Mia Dawson, The Whitlams and Pete Murray. The concert didn't start until later that afternoon so we went for a bit of a drive to the shops in Nuriootpa to stock up on bad food for the day.

The concert itself was pretty good, with The Whitlams being my favourite for the day. I've wanted to see them for years so finally got the chance, and they didn't disappoint. In total there were 14 of us but the only other person I knew was Bron so I was a bit overwhelmed but it wasn't too bad. I'll post some photos of the day if I think of it later. Pete wasn't too bad but didn't get into it until towards the end of his show. Still gorgeous anyway.

On Sunday we looked around Angaston a bit (very nice town) and then went into Freeling to the Gungellan pub. I don't watch McLeod's Daughters but apparently that's the pub in the show. Anyway, there were only 6 of us meeting there for lunch so I enjoyed myself a lot more that day. From there I headed back to Adelaide, had a day off Monday to do laundry and that was the weekend! Better get back to work now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)