Search This Blog

Thursday, December 15, 2005

My Big Friday Night... and more!

Boy is my life exciting! So much so that the best I can come up with on a Friday night is the following tale. Ivan had his work Christmas party which couples were not invited to (extremely bloody rude I think) so I was made chauffer for the evening. It started off with me just having to drop him off, but ofcourse, then there was the question of whether the guy at the door would let him in with the shoes he was wearing or not, so I had to drive the block to make sure he wasn't stuck outside. Delightful to do in Friday night city traffic!

Anyway, he was only going to stay for a couple of hours, but then after a few hours he called to say he was having a good time and wanted to stay longer. That's cool, I don't care how late he stays out but it sucked he didn't take his house keys. No way I'd be able to sleep leaving the front door ajar for him or something. Anyway, so I used the time to watch some DVDs (Adaptation being one of them - not too shabby at all). It was lucky I stayed up because although his workplace had provided them all with Cab Charge to get home, he was unable to actually get a cab, so I went to pick him and Alex up at about 1:30am. Dropping Alex off, around the corner from his house, I was made to slam on the brakes to avoid hitting a koala sitting merrily in the middle of the damn road. Poor thing, I missed it by inches and must have scared it big time. There was no way I was going to approach it to get it to move (crazy scratchy things) so I reversed and had to go around it (it had left the road when we were driving home). So that was my super cool exciting happy mega Friday night. Top that!

Saturday we had a LAN which wasn't bad but finished relatively early since we were pretty tired from the night before (and Ivan slightly hungover, hehe). On Sunday Maria and Steve picked me up and we went to Mum and Dad's for lunch, just to catch up a bit.

That's been about it until last night, when Ivan and I went to Mum and Dad's for dinner. My cousin Lewis lives in Sweden but the rest of his family lives in Queensland so he's been in Australia visiting them for a few weeks. Him and my auntie decided to come to Adelaide for a couple of days so he could see the rest of the family, so they flew in yesterday and last night was the only time I could see them (they fly back to QLD tomorrow, very short trip). It was so good to see him, it's been at least 5 years since I last had, and we were quite close when we were younger.

Anyway, now that I've brought you all up to speed on my gripping life, I'm gonna go and have some lunch, then get back to work. Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)