Search This Blog

Monday, December 26, 2005

Phew, another Christmas over

I hope everyone had a happy and safe non-denominational holiday :)

After all the madness that comes before it, I am a little sad that Christmas is already over. I love the decorations, the Christmas cartoons and movies, the days off, spending time with the people I love, generally I just love Christmas, but with the sadness does indeed come a sense of relief, even for someone that loves the season like I do.

On Friday night Ivan and I had a pretty interesting time. We decided to finish off The Sopranos and have a bit of a late night as we had 4 episodes left to watch. So partway through one episode, we get a brown-out (the lights dimmed, some things turned off completely but others didn't). Because we had a bit of light we decided to play some poker and wait it out. About an hour later, the power came back on so we resumed our DVD watching. With only 10 minutes left of the final episode, a total blackout occurred. It was around 2am so we decided not to wait it our anymore, fumbling around for a torch so we could get ready for bed. Silly storms.

So, on to Christmas. On Saturday we went to Grandma's like we do every year. Usually, towards midnight we head to Mum and Dad's to exchange presents with them but due to Dad thinking he had to work early Christmas morning, we went to Mum and Dad's first, then went to Grandmas. It was a nice afternoon/evening actually, and as is tradition, us girls made Grandma happy by singing some carols with her. Even though Maria and I got the giggles, but never mind.

On Sunday morning I went to church with Mum, Grandma and Emil's Mum. Ivan and I then went to see his parents and Grandma after lunch. We stayed there for a few hours than headed home. Alex came around and stayed for a few hours, and now I have two days off with no plans, and I love it. I'm planning to get a bit of gaming done and some reading, and am trying not to do very much housework at all.

So, now to worry about New Year's...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)