Search This Blog

Monday, December 19, 2005

Oh Christmas Tree

I can't believe it's less than a week until Christmas. Unfortunately our office doesn't close and I haven't booked any leave but the public holidays will still be nice. I'll be filling in for Sandra which means a little extra money, which will definitely come in handy after the Christmas spending. I haven't gone too crazy with the spending though - I'm trying not to use my credit card and we're still saving for a house. This is probably the most organised I've been though, as normally I wait to shop until a couple of days beforehand. This year, pretty much everyone is taken care of except for my Dad, but I'll be getting his one night this week.

Anyway, so on Friday we had our work Christmas party at a pub across the road. Unfortunately, after 2 hours we had to pay for our own drinks which made the numbers thin out a fair bit, so it was a good way to wind down the afternoon but finished pretty early. On Saturday Maria came and picked me up and we went to Mum and Dad's to put their tree up and decorate the house. We decided to do the traditional thing and put on Boney M's Christmas album, like we used to when we were kids. It was quite a fun day actually. There were the inevitable arguments about how the lights on the tree should be placed and whether the tinsel on the curtains was even, but we had lots of laughs and it's done for another year.

Saturday night was a quiet one, just pizzas at home and DVDs after the guys decided not to go and see King Kong after all (didn't bother me at all, I must say). On Sunday I did a little more Christmas shopping for Maria but that was about it. Hope you are all enjoying the week leading up to Christmas and will at least have some time off to relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)