Search This Blog

Friday, November 07, 2003

On the road again


Tomorrow I leave for Burra, just going for the weekend but thought I should update this before I go. I've never been to Burra before so I'm looking forward to it and the weather is set to be beautiful, yay!!

The other day I was talking to Squash, who is still in high school and was just listening and offering a bit of advice when he said something that shook me up a bit. "It's so good to get an adult's perspective". An adult. I have never been called an adult before, I mean I go to the movies and pay adult fares and all that but have never had anyone I actually know refer to me as an adult before. After the initial shock and heart failure, I realised it's not such a bad thing. Thinking back to what high school used to be like for me and hearing Squash go through some stuff I'm glad it's all over. I mean, yeah, those times were often fun and back then I didn't need to worry about things, and those days probably shaped me into the person I am today, but I'm so glad I'm over the whole awkwardness of it all. At the same time though, just because I am officially called an adult doesn't mean I'm suddenly wiser to the world. I still mess up, still do silly things, still take those chances that sometimes only young people take. Age is a state of mind, not a number, and I guess my own feelings show that.

So anyways, what have I been up to? Let me think. Yesterday I took a day off work and went to visit Michelle. Jacob and Alisha have just grown so fast and are so cute. Then after that went to see The Matrix Revolutions with Ben, my movie buddy. And, despite what some people said, I really liked it. Not gonna give away any spoilers but I really think people shouldn't listen to what other people say and go and see it and make their own minds up about it.

Aside from yesterday the week has been the same as usual, working, the odd conservation meeting, and now another busy weekend is here.

Anyway guys, hope you have a great weekend, will see you in a couple of days. I suppose I had better pack some things, too....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment below. I love hearing what you have to say :)